Ng Teng Fong General Hospital is part of Jurong Health Services. Slated to open in 2014, the 700-bed acute hospital will be twinned with a 400-bed community hospital to provide patients with holistic and integrated care.
Conveniently located within walking distance from the Jurong East MRT and Jurong East Bus Interchange, Ng Teng Fong General Hospital will be collaborating closely with other healthcare partners including primary care providers such as General Practitioners and polyclinics, hospitals, long term care providers and voluntary welfare organisations.
The first integrated development of a Regional Hospital and Community Hospital to facilitate seamless transition of care.
The co-location of the hospitals in a larger plot will allow for integration, co-management and smooth transfer of patients. The proximity will also be conducive for inter-mingling and information sharing between doctors and healthcare staff.
Hollistic Integration of Care
- Convenience for our patients.
- Patient transfer to community hospital is hassle-free via the link bridge between the Ng Teng Fong General Hospital and Jurong Community Hospital.
- Centralised electronic patient records to facilitate care.
- Similar ward designs in Ng Teng Fong General Hospital and Jurong Community Hospital provide comfort and familiarity.
- Patients benefit from continuity of care as both healthcare teams work together to co-manage patients.
Thoughtful adjacencies for optimisation of space and resources
- The two hospitals can be wired up for IT connectivity and RFID tracking.
- Minimise duplication through thoughtful planning of adjacency of common services such as Imaging, catering, pharmacy, logistics and other support services.
- A&E proximity to Community Hospital to facilitate direct admission to Community Hospital for patients who require only sub-acute care.
The Future Jurong District
Comprising Jurong Gateway and Lakeside, the Jurong Lake District is part of URA’s decentralization strategy to offer alternative business locations outside the city, easing congestion in the Central Area, and to bring jobs closer to where people live. With multinational and global businesses clustered in the nearby International Business Park and Jurong/Tuas Industrial Estate, this area will be an attractive business hub.
Other key developments include Continuing Education and Training West Campus, shopping malls and an expanded Jurong East MRT Station. Several government agencies will also relocate their offices to the Jurong Lake District in the near future.
Ng Teng Fong General Hospital and Jurong Community Hospital will be strategically into part of Jurong Gateway’s transformation as the anchor healthcare provider, serving the diverse businesses, residential and leisure community in the West.
Visit http://www.ntfgh.com.sg for more info or call 6716-2000 for immediate response.